Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Brunch

Christmas morning I woke up at around 2 pm, yes 2 pm, feeling very rested and hungry! I could not wait to get out of bed, put on my new slippers and get to work making our special breakfast! Every morning I make breakfast for Brian and I, but it never contains this much sugar! I saw the recipe for these pancakes in my new cookbook and I had to try them. I love carrot cake so Carrot Cake Pancakes sounded like something right up my alley.

Brian did not like the smaller size pancakes the recipe instructed to make, so I had to make him one very large one so he would stop whining. There is something mentioned about Honey Butter, but I am not a fan of butter, so I just used Maple Syrup and Powdered Sugar.
Mmmmm!! Top Scores for this one!


Giant Pancake!

Carrot Cake Heart Pancake with Walnuts and Powdered Sugar

I love lots of syrup, no dry pancakes for me. I also "fried" up some Turkey Bacon in Cooking Spray. What a wonderful relaxing afternoon spent on Christmas Morning!

How did you spend Christmas Day?

ps. I know it has been awhile since my last post, things are going to go back to normal now after the holidays! Keep with me! I will be updating all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment