Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sent from Heaven

My Dad is a big fan of baked goods...such a big fan that we call him "The Cookie Monster" His favorite kind are Oatmeal Raisin, and believe me, we have all tried numerous new recipes to find the perfect one. I saw this one for Carmel Apple Oatmeal Cookies in my favorite Cooking Light Cookbook and just had to try it!

The carmels were a lot more difficult to chop than they make it sound in the recipe, but I may have gotten so frustrated because I was making this and my risotto at the same time. Once I got going, it went faster...the result was ooey, gooey carmel throughout the cookies. I almost got those tiny toffee bites when I was at the grocery store, but I am so glad I got the Carmel candies.
Do not back down from it!

I baked them on Silpats and I suggest using them. I think otherwise the carmel would melt all over the pan and regardless of how much cooking spray you use you would be scrubbing the pans for a indefinite amount of time. Not to mention the carmel would probably burn.

Brian is my resident taste-tester and he grabbed a cookie, bit into it and said, "Oh my Gosh! Where did this recipe come from? Was it sent from heaven?!? These are amazing!"

If I were you, I would try it out...if he only knew there were less than 100 calories in each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment