Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreaming of Blue Cheese

Lately I have been feeling like something with Blue Cheese, but of course I don't want all the fat and calories that come along with it. I found this recipe for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce and it seemed like just the thing to satisfy my craving and keep within the parameters of fat and calories I allot myself every day.

I also made a wedge as an ode to my Blue Cheese theme because when I hear "blue cheese" I can't help but think of a lettuce wedge. Too much cheese, especially Blue Cheese, is never a good thing so I made this avocado dressing instead!

Avocado Herb Dressing
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 reduced-fat sour cream
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 Teaspoon chopped fresh Tarragon
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1/2 ripe peeled avocado
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
4 drops hot sauce

Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. While running, add the water, vinegar and hot sauce and blend. Store in an airtight container. (1 Tablespoon 19 calories, 1.4g Fat)


I chopped some fresh tomatoes and red onion to go with the wedges. Brian's is the one with the yellow tomatoes, he doesn't like red ones. Only yellow. ??????


Finished product! Tasted Great and I will make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment