Thursday, January 27, 2011

Still in the land of Pasta...

Still in the midst of my "Pasta Week", I decided to bust out my Urban Italian Cookbook. It is a great one for traditional Italian recipes with a modern twist. Has everything from an amazing tomato sauce recipe to really different things like Minestrone Risotto.

I really thought when I was preparing my grocery list on Sunday that I would end up with a hearty soup when I was done making this. I guess it is the way I read the title that it would be a soup with arborio rice swimming around in it instead of a traditional starch like rice or a noodle. I guess you have figured out by this point that I am not the best at reading directions, because this is actually a risotto with a minestrone flavor! I know, think what you want, I just failed to read the instructions all the way through before making this...

Regardless of what I thought it was going to be, it turned out excellent! I loved the flavor and it really does taste like Minestrone Soup only in a pasta! Brian loved it even though normally he won't touch risotto with a ten-foot pole. You have to try this one because it is a one-of-a-kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment