Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Restaurant Review: Pizzeria Ortica

Just in case anyone was wondering what my favorite food is...it is PIZZA! Not just any kind of Pizza. Pizza like in the picture below! I do not like thick, doughy pizza with too many things, too much cheese and no taste. I love Pizzeria Ortica's beautiful, bright sauce, the fresh cheese and the basil. The pizza part is really thin and the crust is a little thicker giving you something both to hold onto easily and to nibble on after eating the good part!

I really can't say enough good things about this place, but I will tell you that you must try the "Budino de Cioccolato". It is a semi-sweet chocolate homemade pudding with a salted caramel pudding layered on top and a dollop of whipped cream at the top of all of it. It is heavenly! It is something about all three different flavors melting in your mouth.

Last night my sister and I went here for dinner before going to see "Hair" at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Unfortunately, we had to run out to make it to our seats in time and I didn't get to have dessert. Sad!


I am always impressed with the quality of the shows at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. I think it is because it is so convenient and easy to walk to from South Coast Plaza or neighboring restaurants. It just makes for a fun, relaxing thing to do right here in Orange County!

Last night we saw "Hair" and I have to mention that this is the 3rd Theater Production my mom has taken my sister to with Full Frontal Nudity in it. It is so hilarious!
I will never understand how these actors get up and take off all their clothes in front of so many people, but to each their own I guess.


The costumes were really cool and looked like they were authentic from the 60s. The music is what I really loved. The orchestra was amazing and the best part is the whole orchestra was sitting in special places within the set. Usually you can just hear them, but we could actually see them! If you get a chance you should look up tickets for this theater, it is small, but they get some great productions off Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment