Saturday, January 15, 2011

Call the Fire Department!

I saw this recipe and thought it looked really interesting and had to try it! I have never made Flat Iron Steaks before, but I am up for trying anything once. It was very easy to make and really flavorful despite the tiny prep time.

Unfortunately, I was tired/wasn't reading properly/made a mistake and accidentally used Cayenne Pepper instead of Chili Powder. I swear it was like that show Man v. Food! SO SPICY. Now, Brian and I both love spicy food, but this was ridic. Thank god for the beautiful, and very refreshing Tomato Sauce that cooled the whole thing down.

This recipe for Chili-Espresso Rubbed Steaks with Warm Tomato Sauce was outstanding! I will definitely make this again...but the correct way!

I paired it with some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Baby Artichokes. They made a nice mild side dish to go with the robust meat. Unlike the meat, they took more time to prepare, but the rub does need to sit on the meat for 30 minutes so I did all the prep work while the meat was resting. The time worked out perfectly and everything was done at the right time.


Spice Rub


Excellent Warm Tomato Sauce


Finished meal! Even though I made a big mistake and made it super spicy, it was still really good and I can't wait to make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment