Friday, January 28, 2011

High Hopes

I really had high hopes for this recipe I tried last night for these Wild Mushroom, Flank Steak and Poblano Tacos. I followed the recipe exactly (unusual I know) and it just wasn't great. After reading all of the reviews this morning, I realize it might have just been a yucky piece of flank steak that I bought. I am going to blame it on that I guess. I think if there would have been a marinade then it wouldn't have been so chewy and kind of flavorless.

Next time, I would get my meat from where I usually do, Bristol Farms, and maybe marinade it in something first. I am just feeling blah about it....I promised to be completely frank on this blog and that comes with the good, great, okay and the bad! Tonight's dinner will be better!


My salad! One of the highlights! Had to post a picture and look at the glass half full!


I rubbed some chili powder as well as salt and spray butter on the corn and it turned out excellent! If someone tries this recipe and it turns out well, you have to let me know what you did differently!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, love to see my spray butter (addiction) made it onto the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flank steak usually isn't my favorite. But it sure does look good!!

    ReplyDelete