Friday, January 14, 2011

Sweet and Spicy

I was so excited to have my sis over for dinner last night! I made one of Brian's favorite dishes: Chili-Garlic Glazed Salmon. My sis was far away in Boston for 5 years and I missed her so much while she was gone. I am thankful that I can see her often now and on a whim she can come over for dinner! This is a great recipe that you can make on the fly because most of the ingredients you can just keep in you pantry and pick up some salmon on the way home. It is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet to compliment the salmon.

I also made some Cucumber Salad that makes a perfect compliment to the asian influence in the main dish. I love the cool, refreshing taste of the cucumbers and rice vinegar. Best of all...it is so quick and easy!!

Cucumber Salad
2 large English Cucumbers sliced very thin
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper

Combine all and serve! You can also add dill and thinly sliced Red Onion to change it up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. It was very yummy.. u forgot to post the cupcakes Sprinkles new flavor!

    ReplyDelete