Friday, December 17, 2010

Escape to Tuscany

Last night turned out to be a late night at work, so I was thrilled to come home and make this Tuscan Baked Chicken and Beans because it is one of those meals you start and put in the oven and then forget about. You just brown the chicken and bacon quickly and then just pop in the oven for 40 minutes. 40 minutes in my world is like a day off! I was able to empty the dishwasher, change my clothes, relax on the couch with my feet up and make a salad while the dinner was cooking.

When I make a recipe I usually change a few things around and add things, but the 1 and only thing I changed on this one is I substituted Turkey Bacon for Regular Bacon. I thought the dinner over all was good, but it lacked....something.
I guess it was just lacking bold flavors. I got the recipe out of my new cookbook (which obviously doesn't have reviews in it), but when I was attaching it to this post just now I noticed most everyone loved the recipe but felt the same way I did.

Next time I think I need to add more tomatoes (maybe even another half or whole can), add more spinach, less beans, garlic and more spices. I don't know...I need to play around with it, but it needs something. Would be a great meal if you are cooking for kids or someone who likes more bland food. I plan on renovating this and making it again!
I think it is a good start and could be great!

My Salad: Romaine, Celery, Grape Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts


Tuscan Chicken and Beans



No comments:

Post a Comment