Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...


Last night Brian and I were in the car driving home reminiscing about memories from our childhood, and as the holidays are approaching I couldn't help but think about my memories of Christmas time with my parents when I was younger.

When Thanksgiving passes and all the holly, wreaths, lights and trees start to pop up everywhere, most people think of fond Christmas memories with their family dinners and unwrapping presents under a tree, but I think of helping my parents in their store.

Every year during Christmas break it was our job to wrap presents when someone bought something so the salesperson could go on to help the next person. We would try to come up with faster ways as the years went on to get the gifts wrapped to increase our number of packages per hour. We organized ribbon and bows, tape, cut paper to pre-determined sizes and prepared for the lines of people that needed their gifts wrapped. We were wrapping machines! Now that I am writing this it sort of sounds like child-slave labor, but we had the best time!

Christmas is almost here and I was just sitting here thinking about how nice it was to spend that time with my parents and my sister working to help our business instead of sitting at home bored watching TV.



What is your favorite Holiday memory?

1 comment:

  1. This makes me a little sad because this is the first year I feel like that we are not really together as a family celebrating at least one night of "Hanukkah". I miss wrapping presents... do you guys need extra holiday help this year??

    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete