Friday, December 3, 2010

Change of Plans!

Wednesday night I ran home from work all ready to make Brian and I these Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps that we both like, but when I got home I realized he had left me a message saying he wouldn't be home till late. Lettuce wraps do not keep well AND the steak needed to be put on the BBQ and I don't know how to turn it on. =(

After preparing the marinade for the beef, I decided to switch gears and make the meal I had planned for the next night: Mustard Crusted Salmon, Tomato-Dill Cous Cous and Sauteed Green Beans! I put the beef to marinate in the refrigerator till the next day.



Mustard Crusted Salmon
2 large Salmon Fillets or 4 small ones
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
pinch of salt and pepper

Preheat Broiler. Combine Sour Cream, Mustard and Lemon Juice in a bowl. Place Salmon on baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each piece evenly with Mustard Mixture. Broil till Salmon is nicely cooked, 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets. Serve.


Tomato-Dill Cous Cous
1 cup Cous Cous
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup Chicken Broth (preferably the fat free kind)
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1/4 cup minced Red Onion

In a small pot heat olive oil and add cous cous. Saute for a minute or so just to brown the cous cous a bit, then add broth. Bring to a boil, cover and turn off heat. Let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and gently stir in the tomatoes, red onion and dill. Serve!

My green beans sizzling away...I love the sound they make as they cook!


Finished product! I love the way the sour cream makes the fish stay so moist! SO easy and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment