Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trader Joe's Tuesday

I don't know if any of you were in Trader Joe's two weeks ago when they were sampling that Turkey Breast and Stuffing with the Cranberry Sauce, but I was there and I tasted it. It was basically a frozen turkey breast surrounded with some of their cornbread stuffing. I thought, "I will put this in my freezer for a rainy day and when I am too busy to make dinner I will use it!" That day was yesterday!

I have to say this: I LOVE HOMEGOODS. It is my favorite store. Well, for things for the home. We can get into where I like to shop another day.

I went there last night to pick up a few things we needed and by the time I got home and carried up all my new goodies it was already 8:15. I was exhausted, sweating and could not wait to put away all my new things before Brian got home so it would be perfect! I popped that Turkey thing in the oven and set to work unpacking. When the timer rang for the turkey I was done with my unpacking, so I made a salad and sauteed green beans while the turkey was resting. SO EASY! Healthy! Cheap! Yay!





Did anyone else buy that thing? Wasn't it decent?

1 comment:

  1. I bought it too! After Jack & I tasted it in the store, we went nuts over it. I could not believe it was 1) a frozen meal, 2) decently priced and 3) so healthy!

    After the honeymoon, this will be a perfect meal to pop in the oven!

    p.s. What did you buy at the Homegoods store?

    ReplyDelete