Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!!

As I was looking through the new Holiday Cooking Light magazine a couple weeks ago, I had a revelation I wanted to have a small Hanukkah Party and try out some of these new recipes! I prepared my grocery list and planned all week, and I got so excited about my little party on Sunday. Unfortunately, the more excited I got, the more my throat started to hurt and the more my sinuses were plugging up. As much as I kept fighting it, this terrible flu/cold/whatever is going around was making a nice home in my body.

Sunday morning I woke up so sick, but still hell bent on having this party because I already had all the food, prepared all week, and was excited!! If it weren't for my amazing husband, I wouldn't have been able to have done everything to prepare. He really helped me in the kitchen when he saw me starting to feel really yucky and lose my energy. He fried all the potato latkes and helped me clean as I went along cooking. The mess he made frying the latkes is another story all together...potato EVERYWHERE!

By the time my guests came, I was totally exhausted and was ready to get in bed, but was so happy to see everyone! My menu was as follows:


Brisket and all the goodies. It is amazing how all of it literally MELTED
into the meat after 4 hours of baking!




I don't know how you make this big of a mess, but I didn't complain because I was able to rest a little before everyone came over


Even on the toaster!!


Cambert, Goat Cheese, Grapes and Crackers


Sweet Raisin Crackers and Mixed Olives


My Table


My Challah (I forgot to take a picture of it, but it was really beautiful!)


Menorah on the 5th night



Roasted Vegetables


Potato Latkes


Apple Salsa



Brisket


Me and My Sis


My sister's beautiful desserts...she is the best baker!!



Whew! It was so fun cooking for my friends and having a party with my wonderful husband! What are your plans for the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the compliment- the Rugelach were Ina Garten in case anyone wants the recipe and the black and whites-- well that's a secret ;)

    The brisket was amazing, and I don't even like meat! Mom is already planning on making it because she was jealous she didn't get to try it!

    ReplyDelete