Saturday, December 4, 2010

Movie Night!

Last night I came home and was totally exhausted from work and feeling sick. I guess I caught that bug that is going around and it is really trying to kick me down! I usually have a lot of energy, but I have been waking up unable to go work out and barely able to make it through the day. I was SO happy when I came home to Brian who had the BEST plan! I was making his favorite dinner and he had downloaded Eat, Pray, Love on our AppleTV! We were on our honeymoon when this movie came out and missed it in the theater. I have been wanting to see it for some time now and it did not disappoint me one bit. We ate our Apricot Glazed Filets (I use filet mignon because I don't always see nice lamb chops), Roasted Carrots and Brussel Sprouts and Tomato Basil Bisque Soup on the couch while watching the movie! It was WONDERFUL!

The movie left us missing Italy so bad we could actually taste it...the food I mean and I was wishing I was in Bali in the warm sun instead of on the couch with blankets and the heat on! Well, I guess I can look forward to our trip to South Beach in February!

Apricot Glaze all ready for the meat to come off BBQ


My beautiful Carrots and Brussel Sprouts, I added a little Tarragon and Thyme also for a little change up on the traditional salt and pepper I usually do


Finished Meal minus the soup because I got it from Bristol Farms! What a relaxing night!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to watch that movie with Andrew, but he won't watch it with me :( I still haven't seen it! That sauce sounds amazing! I'm going to try this one, even though I'm not crazy about lamb.
    What will you be doing down in South Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt saw that movie with me too- tell Andrew to man up! Haha- it was sooo cute. Those veggies look good, Ruth. Funny how you make brussel sprouts all the time since we never had them as children.

    ReplyDelete