Saturday, December 4, 2010

Korean Grilled Beef Lettuce Wraps

About a year ago my friend, Bridget, emailed me this recipe from the New York Times that we both thought looked really good. I made it, despite my lack of a grill, and we loved it! Last week, I decided to make it again and try it out with our new grill. Like I said in my previous post, we had a little change in plans so the meat ended up marinading for 24 hours instead of 30 minutes. It was a HUGE blessing. HUGE improvement on the first time I made it because you could really taste the marinade and the Asian Pear you grate into the beer/soy mixture.

Instead of the white rice, I used some whole wheat spaghetti, extra vegetables I had in the refrigerator, a little soy sauce and a little hoisin to make some "chow mein". I also made some Cucumber Salad because that is one of our favorites whenever we go to sushi. The whole meal is tastes light and fresh, but still is plenty filling.

My condiment platter: (from left to right) Bean sprouts, Cilantro,
Hot Sauce, Shredded Carrots, Hoisin Sauce



Cucumber Salad



Chow Mein



Koren Grilled Beef


Try this one! It is great and a sure winner!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for Matt and they were delicious! A lot of work, but definitely worth the effort! The marinade is the best part for sure :) I'm going to try it with chicken next time since I'm not a real meat lover. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete