Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brooke's Birthday Brunch

The theme of this weekend was Brian and I driving up to and back home from LA twice as well as driving back to OC from the desert. Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED.

Not to tired though to go to Brooke's 30th Birthday Brunch downtown at the very different J Restaurant and Lounge. Located right in the heart of the Fashion District on South Olive, you would never think this kind of place exists downtown. It was a beautiful day, 79 degrees and sunny in the middle of December! After you walked through the restaurant, there was a large open outside area with a view of the cityscape. It was perfect for a Sunday Brunch in the city...well, or whatever you call downtown LA.

The Birthday Girl...and her sunglasses!



Love the Cupcake Tower


Menu...what looks good to you?


My Egg White Omelet with Spinach, Raisins and Goat Cheese


Birthday Girl's Crepes


Brian's HUGE Breakfast Sandwich. I told him he wouldn't like it and shouldn't order it, but he did anyways and was sorry!! The baked French Fries were excellent though!


Excellent Cupcakes! The Red Velvet was my favorite...really put Sprinkles to shame!


What a fun afternoon visiting with Brooke's friends and family. I also got to see some long lost high school friends which was really nice. I am sure some of Brooke's guests thought I was ridiculous taking pictures of all the food instead of the people! Oh well...had fun anyways!

Then...we got to go SHOPPING on 3rd Street!! Woo Hoo!! Got my pink slippers (the ones I needed) and a very cute new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment