Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick and Easy

I am not usually one to admit that I need a day off from work, but after working all week plus driving back and forth from the desert for one day for Thanksgiving, I was exhausted yesterday. Very happy to not have to go to work! Sadly, because of the holiday, I did not have too many shows to watch on my DVR and got bored quickly on my couch. I guess being a housewife isn't my thing....

I planned my weekly menu quickly, made a grocery list, and set out to do errands and grocery shopping. For last night's dinner I made Ginger-Soy Chicken with Scallion Rice and some spicy broccolini. It was SO quick, easy and tasted like I had been making it for hours, when in reality the whole thing (including making a salad) took 20 minutes from start to finish! I used Chicken Breasts instead of boneless thighs because I don't love dark meat, but it was really good. I usually buy the big full breasts and then cut them horizontally so i get four larger pieces rather than those weirdo tenders you can buy that are chewy. It looks like more, visually you think you are eating more, and they cook quicker.



The Chicken Sizzling Away...I just love that sound!


My finished dinner! SO easy and tasty! The best part...Brian helped with the dishes! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment