Saturday, November 20, 2010

Off I go into the world of blogging....

I never thought I would be one of these people...people who blog, but here I am! This whole idea started with making beautiful dinners for my husband and wanting to share the hard work with someone who might appreciate all the tiny details I put into my cooking, rather than just food on a plate. To most people it might just be food on a plate, but to me it represents more: the art of cooking, relaxation, and a commitment to eat healthy food that doesn't taste like cardboard.

I grew up in a family who not only enjoys eating, but who enjoys eating a LOT! We are not petite eaters or meal-skippers, but my mom always made delicious and very healthy meals so we could have a second helping without compromising our waist line. My mom always had great ways of adding flavor by omitting ingredients that usually add tons of calories and fat.

So here I am, a 20-something year old newly-wed who is committed to healthy, great food that I can prepare in a reasonable amount of time after I get home from work! I created this blog to share my ideas and my thoughts with others. I hope to also get comments, tips and receipes from others...that is if anyone ends up reading this!

I have other passions besides food....my husband, my family, my friends, working out, shopping, reading tons of books and home decorating. My plan is to see how this goes and blog mostly about my cooking, but throw in some other things from time to time as well! Off I go...

6 comments:

  1. So Cute! I love food! And cooking! Will look forward to reading some of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY- Can't wait to hear the rest of the posts :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting and a great idea! I'm always looking for new recipes that are taste-tested by someone I know :) great job on the design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Honey sooo cute. I just love it. Well so you know I already made my list for Thanksgiving and the rest of the week. So I am going to start my shopping at super walmart, per Dee Dee. Then home to Irvine and the persian market to finish my shopping. Dad was so sweet he is taking all my clothes in his car so I will have plenty of room. But I needed some food to start my shopping so I went to my favorite mexican place here in the desert for Huevos rancheros. They are good! Love to all can't wait to here everyones ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a lot of fun - let me know if you need some recipes to try ...love ya lots...sooz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I l-o-v-e this blog! Yay! Cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete