Saturday, April 2, 2011

Restaurant Review: Amaya


This weekend was my husbo's birthday and I was so excited to celebrate his birthday with him in San Diego for the weekend. I tried my hardest to plan something relaxing and fun for his birthday because we have both been so stressed lately. We had the perfect weekend, thanks to my SIL Paige and the wonderful staff at the Grand del Mar; the hotel and service is exquisite and we always have the best time there. If you are looking for a place to go that is close, but seems like you are in another country...look no further, the Grand del Mar is your spot.

When you are at the hotel you could swear you are in Italy with your own private villa because even though the hotel was at full capacity, you wouldn't know anyone else was there. I can't say enough great things about it and not because Paige works there. It is genuinely one of the top 10 places in the world I have stayed and by far the nicest hotel in California by miles.

On Saturday night we ate at Amaya and it is always wonderful. We ate there 2 years ago on Valentine's Day and I think if they can maintain great service and food on Valentine's Day it is a safe bet they are going to have excellent food all year round! They have a very extensive wine menu and a wide variety of choices on the menu. The only caveat is the desert menu; my bread pudding was very cold. For you dessert people out there: Don't let that stop you because our server told us they are changing their dessert menu next week!



Butter Lettuce Salad


Branzini


Strawberry Shortcake Bread Pudding


So, next time you are in the mood for a weekend away and you don't know where to go,
try the Grand del Mar!

No comments:

Post a Comment