Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Kind of Slam Dunk

I am always looking for recipes that either require a large percentage of items I have at home or that require very few items that I have to go buy. Why?
-I live 5 floors up from my car and want to carry the least amount possible
(Yes, I have a cart, but I am too stubborn to use it)
-It is less expensive
-If I buy some weirdo ingredient, I like to use it as much as possible

This Beef Noodle Stir Fry not only captures a lot of my favorite flavors, but also contains a lot of things I have in my pantry! It was flavorful, extremely fast to make and delicious. Actually, it was so fast to make, it was done before I had my Miso soup ready to go. Whoops! Dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes? I think that is a slam dunk!


Miso Soup

Ingredients:
4 cups Water
3 Tablespoons Miso Paste
6-8 oz Silken Tofu, diced
2 teaspoons dashi granules (or 4 teaspoons fish stock)
3 Scallions Sliced

Directions:
Using a medium saucepan, combine water and dashi and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in miso. Add tofu and scallions. Simmer for 3 more minutes. Serve.


I ended up using the thin rice noodles because I forgot that is what kind I have at home, but it worked fine. Next time I plan on buying the wider ones because I like them best!

You could only find a big package of tofu and don't know what to do with the rest?
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post! Happy Stir frying!

No comments:

Post a Comment