Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Search

I had fully planned on making these Pesto Halibut Kebabs, but of course when I got home the only necessary item I needed was something to skewer the fish on and I had zero. I don't know where my brain was at when I was getting all the ingredients for this dish, but I found myself searching high and low for something to make this happen. Believe me...I considered all the options and tried to use all my skills I learned from Macgyver, but alas I found nothing.

What is a girl to do? Rethink the whole thing. I opted for simple and effective because at this point I was more exhausted and hungry. I decided to slice up some vegetables I had on hand including the peppers I was going to use for the kebabs and just pan saute the whole thing. I just brushed some of the pesto on the fish front and back and threw it in the pan with the rest. A couple minutes on each side later it was finished and delicious!
So easy, regardless of the skewer conquest.


Everything in the pan sauteing

I also boiled some garlic pasta I found while searching for the kebab materials and tossed it with a tablespoon of the pesto and some Parmesan. It was very tasty and went along with my on-the-fly meal preparation theme that seemed to be taking place!

Sometimes no matter how hard I try to have all the right ingredients, make perfect dinners and relax after a long day it usually doesn't happen the way I want it to! I will keep trying though!

No comments:

Post a Comment