Saturday, March 26, 2011

Restaurant Review: Phans 55

One of my clients recently mentioned that I should try Phans 55. She said that it is 5 times better than our favorite local Thai/Vietnamese restaurant Bamboo Bistro. Well...wow! That is a pretty TALL statement there lady, but I am up for anything once!

I have seen this place before, or I guess I should say the sign, but I never quite got it. There is the sign for the restaurant right underneath the sign for an apartment complex.
Is it inside there? Does it just share an entrance? Where is it?

Saturday night was the night, I couldn't wait any longer. We got in the car, went over there and sure enough, it is in a condo complex. I know it sounds so weird, but once you actually drive in there it isn't that odd. There was plenty of parking (always a plus) and the vibe inside was great. They have a combination of booths and tables with very cool chandeliers hanging from tall ceilings. As the reviews say online, it is a little more expensive than Bamboo Bistro, but before I wrote this I just looked at both menus, and we are talking about on average a $2 difference on each dish. The food is 5 times better. $2 is a small price to pay.

The food was fabulous. So fabulous I wanted to go back the next night. I know, I'm a pig, but it was that good. So good we didn't have leftovers. Okay, my husband is a pig too.

All I can say is that you have to go there. I wish I had pictures to show you the light, but alas I was too hungry to take pictures of the food before we ate it. Not to mention that I think Brian would have fought me off with his knife if I would have made him wait.

Usually I would never get dessert at a place like this, I am more into Carrot Cake or Creme Brulee over Fortune Cookies and Fried Bananas. That is until I saw this little lighted case with these French Pastries inside and I remembered this little Vietnamese Bakery my mom used to go to that used French techniques to make the most wonderful tiny delicacies.

Try the dessert too...you wont be sorry.

And Brian says I need to get new hobbies. I ask you, what is wrong with Food, Shopping and Literature? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I am excited to be a new follower. Your recipes look great. I will def have to make that falafel and medierrrean salad! I love to cook too and post recipes weekly:) xoxo

    https://designerbagsanddirtydiapers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete