Sunday, March 13, 2011

Asian Flavors

I love steak. I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian. I try to limit making any kind of beef to one night a week, and it is hard! So, if you are trying to do the same, have no fear with this Steak with Ginger-Hoisin Sauce...it was excellent!

I love when I can make something quick and easy that tastes like more effort than it actually was. I like to get a good "bang for my buck" with flavor! This meal had some Asian flavors, but they were light enough to really allow the ingredients to shine.

I also made a quick Asian Slaw to go with it. Kind of a hybrid side/salad...I am obsessed with "slaws" lately so you will be seeing a lot of them. I hate mayonnaise, but now that I have found some more interesting ways to make this kind of thing I really like it. I have also found that substituting things like fat free Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream instead of the Mayo makes a really nice slaw and I feel so much better about what I am putting into my body. It is a great way to use up random leftover vegetables in a great new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment