Friday, March 18, 2011

Cooking for One, Part II

There are a lot of reasons that I love having my husband around, but I do have to say one of the positives to him not coming home for dinner is that I can eat whatever I want...even if that means Lucky Charms! I didn't get a chance to make myself breakfast this morning or eat a normal lunch, I just ended up eating junk and snacks all day. Horrible. I needed protein, and some Lucky Charms just for good measure...

I made myself a beautiful egg white omelet with diced grape tomatoes, fresh spinach, mushrooms and a sprinkling of reduced fat cheddar. I bought myself a piece of filet, I know how decadent, and seasoned it with some McCormicks Grill Mates. That stuff is great, but a little goes a very long way. There is nothing like breakfast for dinner!
The other great thing about this meal is that it is so easy to prepare one or 5, so you aren't stuck with a ton of extra food.





So if you find yourself cooking for one, consider having breakfast for dinner, you might surprise yourself with how delicious it can be!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post... you are so MOM!!! It is hilarious...

    ReplyDelete