Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cooking for One

Brian was on a business trip last week, so I had the perfect opportunity to make something I had been craving. Bridget had recently mentioned the word "BLT" and normally it doesn't sound appetizing because I don't eat bacon, but as I was driving home from work pondering the fact that my husband was gone and I had no cares in the world....
I decided to make my own version of a BLT.

I always think this, but thank goodness for Bristol Farms being so close to work because it saves me from dragging myself to the regular grocery store with my sore feet.
Good thing the BLT requires very few ingredients....

So if you find yourself alone or just in the mood for a simple dinner, try this one out!


TBTG (Turkey Bacon, Tomato, Guacamole):
-3 Slices Turkey Bacon Pan Fried (in Cooking Spray)
-2 Large Slices of Juicy Tomato
-3 Tablespoons homemade Guacamole (Avocado, Salt, Pepper, fresh Garlic, Cilantro, Lemon Juice)
-Toasted Whole Wheat Bread

Note: I do not like lettuce on sandwiches, so I made the "L" part of the BLT into a salad!


2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! I don't like bacon either so that's a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    That night, I had the classic BLT and Jack had a BLTAC (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado & chicken)-- haha.

    Sometimes, the most classic tastes are the best!

    ReplyDelete