Monday, February 7, 2011

Warming my Soul

All week I have been feeling like comfort food or no food at all. The idea of eating something cold seems unappealing which is so weird because it has been so beautiful outside. Don't know, but I thought Italian Beef Stew would be the perfect cure. Of course, with Stew you need hearty noodles of some kind and some bread to dip into the juices...Sounds good huh?


Half-way through making the dough for my Challa


Just in case you need a visual of the dough ball


Look how Beeeautiful my Cheese and Chive Challa is!


All Done! This is the perfect thing to make on a day when you have enough time to prepare the stew and let it simmer. It was great served over bow-tie pasta and of course with the bread. The big pieces of carrots were my favorite part, they made a perfect compliment to the juicy meat pieces. Brian went back for seconds...and thirds!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a CUP or a BOWL? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a BOWL. My favorite comment of yours was "she is a used car salesman selling soup" HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete