Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Groundbreaking

I am a tea lover and this is the coolest gadget for tea I have ever seen! I recently saw this baby in action at Brian's Aunt Barbara's house and it is amazing. Let me give you the tour...

First of all, it has a basket for loose leaf tea which is the only way to go. Secondly, it heats the water for the tea to the perfect temperature and for those of you who are like me and don't have an instant hot water tap in your sink this is a huge convenience. Third, when the water reaches the exact right temperature the basket lowers like a submarine into the water and sits there for the proper amount of time for brewing. The machine asks you when you start it up what kind of tea you are making so that it knows how long to brew.
No one likes over or under steeped tea.

It is wonderful. I need to have it. Sur La Table is out of it in all three South County locations so obviously others think this thing is fab also. It is my birthday present, to me...from me. Along with some other things =) That is, if I can ever locate one of these babies.




Aunt Barbara giving me the tour. Who would have thought there was someone as crazy as me about tea? This this is "revolutionary" as the website states.


How cute are these cups to have the tea in? Do you see the heart? Adorable. I dislike heart-related things, but these are just too cute! Leave it to Aunt Barbara...

No comments:

Post a Comment