Friday, July 29, 2011

Perfect Protein

As part of my post workout routine, I normally drink a protein shake or eat a protein packed breakfast.  I workout very early in the morning and can't stomach the idea of having the small protein filled snack experts say you are supposed to have, but the next best thing is eating within 30 minutes of your workouts culmination.  

The directions on the back of my protein powder can say to mix it with a little water and then drink it.  Well, I can drink it that way, but let's just say it isn't pleasant.  The powder refuses to dissolve completely with the water so you are left with little chunks when you are drinking it.  And, if you have ever tried protein powder before (it doesn't matter what kind) it has a weird aftertaste.  So, I had to find a way to make it more pleasant.  It has such great benefits and I really do think it boosts my workouts, but day after day, I can't take the chunky chocolaty protein powder water.  

This shake I created is protein packed, is full of healthy stuff and best of all tastes great!  You can use whatever fruit you want, but make sure to use bananas.  The blended frozen bananas create the best consistency.  It creates this creamy, decadent froth that you can't even believe comes as a plain old banana.  I like to freeze my own fruit, but you can use store bought if you want.  This shake keeps me satisfied for a long time and I look forward to making it every morning!



Chocolate Protein Shake
Ingredients
1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
1/2 Large Banana, frozen
1/2 Peach, Frozen
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/2 scoop Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate

Directions
Roughly chop banana and peach into chunks.  Pour milk into blender, then remaining ingredients.  Blend till mostly smooth and frozen chunks have been broken down.


What is your favorite post-workout meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment