Saturday, July 30, 2011

Greek Turkey Burgers

Been lovin' my grill lately!  The cleanup is so much easier and I really notice the difference in the temperature in the house.  My sister and mom are constantly making turkey burgers and I was kinda craving one.  The worst thing about typical turkey burgers is they are so dry and tasteless.  I still had some leftover artichokes and olives and decided to make some Greek Turkey Burgers.  The artichokes kept the burgers so moist and the fresh herbs from my patio garden amped up the flavor!



Greek Turkey Burgers
Ingredients
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 egg
4-5 canned artichoke hearts, chopped 
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (I used a combo of Thyme, Dill, Parsley, and Basil)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper

Directions
Take the ground turkey out of the refrigerator about 10 minutes before you are going to make your patties.  Preheat your grill to a medium heat.  Then combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until all ingredients are just combined.  Divide the mixture into 5 equal parts and press gently into patties.  They should be about an inch think on the outside and a little thinner in the middle.  Put burgers on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.  Serve with Buns and topped with hummus and tzatziki.


Enjoy!  Stay tuned for the greek salad recipe.  I was still impressed with these guys the next day for lunch as well!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment