Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Obsession

Yesterday I was at the Beauty supply place near my work trying to find the hair stuff Brian likes and I found the greatest new thing!  In the past I have had bad luck with buying random beauty products without trying them out first, but I took a $16 chance and it paid off!  I have been using Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup since as far back as I can remember.  I really like the all-in-one aspects of it, natural finish and sensitivity to my very sensitive skin.  Although I am very fond of the face makeup and face lotions, the eye shadows have never been my favorite.  I normally do not like things super shiny or sparkly which most of them are and the little pots are SO messy.  
That said, their New High Shine Eye color Tubes are great!


It is basically a tube with their eyeshadow in it and a built-in foam applicator.  You just shake it, pull the applicator out, tap off the excess and then swipe the whole thing over your eyelid.  It totally eliminates the need for eye shadow brushes, multiple eye shadow colors and the extra 10 minutes it usually takes me to create what I like to call, "My every day, trying to look effortlessly polished look" that is anything but effortless.  I bought the "Meteorite" shade, but they all looked really beautiful.  Now that I have tried it, I am going to go back and get another color or two.  

A few tips for use:
-DO use an eye shadow base or some concealer on your eye lid first as a layering base, it will keep the eyeshadow on like glue and will keep it from creasing
-DO NOT put this on after applying your concealer and face makeup. I always do my eyes first, clean up underneath and then start my face, but I know not everyone does it this way.  With this product you need to because some of the product tends to fall underneath there and you will look like you have raccoon eyes if you aren't careful.  
-DO put on your lids, only apply in your crease or all over if you want an extremely dramatic effect.  I would guess with the lighter colors you could put them all over.
-DO blend any mishaps with a Blending Brush



Hope everyone is having a good week, half way through!  

No comments:

Post a Comment