Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Multitalented

Maybe its just me, but Gwyneth Paltrow seems to be all over the place recently!  Actress, Singer...Chef? I got my new issue of Bon Appetit the other day and sure enough she was on the cover.  The article profiled her in her London apartment cooking up recipes that the culinary team at Bon Appetit helped her create.  Pretty interesting.  Of course she looked effortlessly beautiful dicing onions and cutting up chicken.  If only my real life looked so nice!

I was especially intrigued by her Chicken with Peach BBQ Sauce; both by the concept and the vision of her making this in London which screams everything but "BBQ".  The sauce in the picture was this gorgeous orange and I had to try it out for myself.  
I am a big fan of BBQ sauce and this looked really different and perfect for summer!


Chicken with Peach BBQ Sauce
Courtesy of Bon Appetit and Gwyneth Paltrow

Ingredients
1 cup diced fresh peaches, about 2 peaches
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce (from Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce)
Salt and Pepper
4 Chicken Breasts

Directions
In a small saucepan combine peaches, ketchup, garlic and adobo sauce.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes or until peaches are tender.  
Transfer carefully to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.  

Use about half the sauce to pour over the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 20 minutes (and up to 12 hours).  Meanwhile, heat grill to a medium high heat.  Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side.  Brush each side with BBQ sauce and grill for another 1 minute per side, or until done.  Serve with extra sauce.



I have to say I was pretty impressed with this sauce.  It was tasty and had a great flavor, different than normal BBQ sauce, but familiar enough that I wasn't missing anything.  I loved that it required so few ingredients and a reasonable cooking time for the development of flavors.  I paired it with some baked sweet potato fries and grilled asparagus.  

Happy Grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment