Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Brian has always told me that he was the cook in his previous relationships. If you have gathered anything about my husband you should take note that when left alone he survives on "In and Out", frozen Trader Joe's pasta, and everything he can possibly eat from the pantry. As you can imagine, I really was surprised he can cook! Who knew?

Last year for Valentine's Day I was working and thought it would be the perfect opportunity for him to cook for me. He always talked about "his FAMOUS salmon", so I couldn't wait to taste it! Let's just say, it didn't turn out how he remembered...

Archived picture from Valentine's Day 2010


This year I wanted to do something really special instead of just going to a restaurant which we do all the time. On our honeymoon this summer we got all these really special things during our travels. Some of the things are so special that I am afraid to use them! I thought what would be a more perfect time to use them other than our first married Valentine's Day!

I planned my whole menu around the special ingredients that we brought back.
The menu ended up being simple and beautifully highlighted my precious 20-year-aged Balsamic Vinegar and Black Truffles.


Caprese Salad with Burrata Cheese, Watermelon, Tomatoes, Fresh Basil and Balsamic Vinegar

Linguine with Garlic, Black Truffles and Parmesan




Brian was in charge of dessert. He picked up 4 slices of his favorite pie from Marie Calendars. So funny and cute. I didn't post all 4 flavors, just my favorite: Banana Creme Pie.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there, hope you had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment